Here are the five things I do when I want to lose weight easily, without giving up pizza or hamburgers.
One thing no one thinks about when it comes to losing weight is how many calories one gets from beverages. With most sodas and juices containing over 100 calories per serving, what you drink can add an extra 500-1000 calories a day. That’s a lot.
1) I drink only the kid’s juices that contain 25%-50% less sugar. They come in those small foil packs with a straw. One brand is Honest Kids, has 50% less sugar, the Capri brand has 25% less sugar. Less sugar = less calories. Sure, you’ll look silly drinking from these, but it will be worth it when you step on the scale. All you have to do is switch to these juices, and you can lose a little weight.
2) Juices like cranberry, grape, orange, etc., all contain added sugar and a lot of calories. Cut those calories in half by adding Seltzer water or club soda. It makes for a refreshing, sparkling drink that is low in calories. You can buy the generic store brands and save money. You can do better if you want to cut calories. Instead of drinking any juice, you can drink water with flavoring in it, like Hint. I personally don’t like any water except Fugi, so drinking nothing but water would be hard for me.
3) Love to drink sweet tea? I know I do. Sweet tea is loaded with calories. What I do is buy one unsweetened bottle and one sweet bottle and combine them. That way I cut the sugar by at least 25% and I’m not resorting to artificial sweeteners. Of course, I could just drink the unsweetened tea, but I don’t like it without some sugar.
4) Hungry? Reach for a meat stick. Whenever I get the urge to eat something, I grab a meat stick and munch on it. I get Vermont Real Meat Sticks. One meat stick is usually enough to curb my craving and at only 80 calories, it’s great diet food.
5) Want something sweet? Try chewing a stick of Extra Dessert Delights Gum. These have no sugar and come in great flavors that taste like the real thing. It’s like you’re eating lemon meringue pie, drinking a root beer float or having mint chocolate chip ice cream. They have only 5 calories. How awesome is that?