Lipstick doesn’t have to be specially formulated to stay on. You can do this method with any lipstick, eat, drink and it will stay on pretty good. Here’s what you do:
1) Apply foundation to clean, dry lips
2) Line with lip liner (see the best one here for everyone) to keep the color from bleeding outside your lip line
3) Apply your lipstick
4) Cover your now lipstick covered lips with face powder using a powder brush (like this MAC one here)
5) Apply your lipstick again
6) Apply another layer of powder and apply lipstick again. (You can skip this step if you’re in a hurry the one layer of powder will work okay)
The best lipstick color that would flatter all skin tones is Laura Mercier’s Caramel. It is a peachy-pink brownish color. It is matte, not shiny, not garish. It lasts for hours and looks classy.
It is a rich texture so you have to make sure your lips are smooth before applying or it will emphasize cracks and dry spots.